Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Noes and Yesses

Z.: (apropos of nothing) No, no, no!
S.: Don't say no.
Z.: No.
S.: What are you saying no to?
Z.: Saying yes.
S. laughs.
Z.: Yes!
S.: What are you saying yes to?
Z.: Saying no!


* * * * *

Still not feeling overly inspired today, so I'm going to keep putting up trail entries. I transcribed a whole bunch last night, and I think I'm going to put them up a few at a time so that they don't spin out forever. Today's go through my first town break. These were written to be posted on an AT website so I was assuming an insider audience, but for now I'm not going to do a lot of explaining. The very most basic thing you need to know is that the official AT route is marked by white blazes. Blue blazes mark sidetrails. Yellow blazes are the paint you see in the middle of the road when you're hitching.

2 comments:

niobe said...

Z discovers the paradox?

S. said...

Z. takes joy in paradoxes!