Thursday, July 19, 2007

Buzz

Spent an hour this morning collecting sticks in the woods with one of my managers. It's been wet in the woods recently, so they are now drying on the deck. We need to check on our levels of glue, sequin, glitter, feathers. But it's just double-checking--the craft box is well-stocked here. (Nah, these wands won't pass muster at Hogwarts, but they will be oh so much more fabulous.)

The tarot reader is booked. The HP-themed cupcakes are ordered. We have an owl above the register. Various other magical paraphernalia is trickling in. Signs are printed and ready to turn the pet section into Care of Magical Creatures and the community room into Divination and I don't know what all else. The spreadsheet with the preorders is up to date. The slips are printed.

Honestly, honestly, there is no reason for me not to just do what I would usually do on a Thursday. If only my veins weren't tingling so much.

9 comments:

Magpie said...

Ooh. Good tingling. Sounds like fun!

susan said...

I was in my local bookstore this morning and the owner was similarly jazzed about the impending shipment and plans. Very exciting!

S. said...

I was trying so hard not to think about the books coming that when they came a day early I really had to swallow down a shout like I'd walked into something by accident: oowha!

We got more today. The pile of cartons is almost to my chin, and about 18 inches from my desk chair. I can't sit w/o bouncing on my toes.

Trying to concentrate is driving me batty. I feel like there's something I need to be doing with them, but there isn't.

niobe said...

I feel like there's something I need to be doing with them

You could always try scanning the pages and posting them on the internet.

Just an (undoubtedly illegal) idea. And one which I wouldn't dream of actually recommending.

S. said...

You know, I DO have this scanner sitting right here, not doing much.

But I think even joking about it might bring the Scholastic Secrecy Seal SWAT team down on the roof of the store.

jo(e) said...

I love that so many people all over the place are so excited about a BOOK!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it will be a fantastic (in all ways) party!

Jo(e), I'm with you. A friend I asked about HP parties said she's been avoiding all the hype, but to me, I love seeing this kind of excitement and buzz and activity going on all about a book.

Scrivener said...

It's so cool to read you so excited about the book and the sales. I hope that the event is a fantastical success.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gawd! That sounds so fun!