Monday, August 20, 2007

Sartorial adventure

A.: Look Z., Mama got you a shirt.

Z.: Glasses!

A.: Do you like the library?

Z.: Yes!

S.: It's for kids who like the library. Here, do you want to hold it?

Z.: Yes! (starts pulling up shirt she's wearing).

S.: Do you want to put it on?

Z.: (pulls down shirt she's wearing, reaches for new shirt) Can I put it on my head? (holds shirt in one hand, taps her curls)

S.: Sure.

Z. pulls shirt over her head and arranges it so her face shows through the collar, balaclava-style. A sleeve flops over her crown.

Z.: Why is dair a syurt on my head?

6 comments:

Magpie said...

1. Shirt is Adorable.
2. I love the way you render toddlerspeak.

S. said...

Thanks! Paying attention to this has made me realize she's actually better at r's when her binky's in her mouth--that was a binkified "syurt."

niobe said...

Why is dair a syurt on my head?

Z is too funny.

Anonymous said...

Do you think she'd like a Frager's syurt, for kids who like building or digging? Mom

Julia said...

cute syurt for cute gyurl.

S. said...

Niobe, she's setting us up like that all. the. time.

Mom, yes! I think a 4T if it's going to last the winter.

Julia, thanks!