Friday, November 28, 2008

Gratitude

Yesterday at my parents' table I gave thanks for family and friends and safety and health and Hope and Change, but today is a different kind of day. Today I need to give another round of thanks to the Black Friday sales and to Lo, who thought of me when she ventured out into them, and to Am@rican Expr@ss, which has kept on sending me a card every year even though I stopped using it years ago after I paid the damn thing off. A new computer is coming my way, and I think once I figure in savings on shipping and having a brand-new warranty, it's going to cost me less than the rebuild would have.

Yesterday's thanks were more important, no doubt about it. But today's are nothing to sneer at.

4 comments:

Magpie said...

A new computer is a nice thing.

Happy (belated) thanksgiving.

(And the word verification is a real word...motto. Huh.)

jo(e) said...

A new computer! Hurray!

kathy a. said...

yay!

S. said...

If only it would GET HERE ALREADY!!! Sheesh.